What is Tour de Fleece?
It's a celebration of all things spinning that takes place during the Tour de France. Spinners are encouraged to set personal goals and challenges to complete during the event. We know that events like this can be overwhelming and intimidating but we're here to reassure you that you've got this! Whether you're brand new or a spinnin' pro, we'd love to see your Tour de Fleece projects. Spin at your own pace - have fun!
By spinning every day, you are spending time practicing your skills. And each time that I finish the tour, I am a better spinner.
The premise is that you spin everyday that they tour is on. On the rest days, you can take the day off. And when the cyclists are in the mountains you have a challenge day. Your challenge can be learning a new technique or maybe you spinning longer and farther than your usual day. The point is to have a goal in mind for this time.
July 1, 2023 thru July 23, 2023. Tour de France Femmes July 23 - 30!!
Guidelines (NOT RULES):
Spin every day the Tour rides, if possible. Saturday July 1 through Sunday July 23. Days of rest: Monday, July 10 and Monday, July 17. (Just like the actual tour.)
Spin something challenging on the challenge days, usually the toughest high mountain stages.
Wear yellow on Sunday July 23rd to announce victory. Why not wear yellow on any day you feel particularly successful? (Yellow is the color of the race leader in the Tour - but here we are all ‘race leaders’) Other colors if desired: Green (sprinter - think FAST), Polka-dot (climber - as in uphill - challenge), and White (rookie).
(credit: Ravelry Tour de Fleece Group page)
Ways to earn points towards prizes: (There will be 4; White, Polka dot, Green and Yellow)
- Purchase your fiber from The Knittin' Coop for points.
- Post pics of your progress on Instagram and/or Facebook using the hashtag knittincoopTdF2023 (points each post) Femmes race hashtag = knittincoopTdFFemmes2023
- Bring your wheel, spindle or e-spinner to the shop for some "social spinning" any time the shop is open during The Tour, earn points every time you come to spin. Social Spinning EVERY Saturday in July.
- Spin the most total grams/ounces. (the one with most total doubles your total points)
- Accomplish a personal goal...you set it and post about it I'll give you points for it! (points for every goal)