ISSUE 4 Autumn/Winter 2023
Gorgeous sweaters, cowls, hats, socks and shawls. There are patterns for both knit and crochet. Learn about the “art” of kiltmaking and read about one of the most beautiful villages, Assynt and weaving.
In my opinion this is one of the most comprehensive magazines you should own if you are a lover of wool and love all the crafts!
- The first tartan mill to be established in the Highlands for decades, Prickly Thistle seeks answers to today’s issues from the past.
- V&A Dundee worked with Glasgow micro-weavers, Vevar, to explore their tartan design and create a limited edition piece: a modern interpretation steeped in Scottish textile legacy.With inspiration from across continents, Ripples Crafts has been based in the northwest Highlands of Scotland for 15 years.
- Centuries of history provide design inspiration for textile conservator Sara Wolf.
- Lammermuit Wool: the story of a small and friendly flock of Shetland sheep in East Lothian
- Kiltmaking is culturally significant for Scotland, but did you know it is an endangered skill?
- A short history of Sanquhar knitting.
7 Knitting patterns, 3 crochet patterns and 1 machine knit pattern included in this issue.